First off, i'm super pumped to have HUMBUG confirmed as a real project on HMN
Mostly misc things changed since last update:
- Better indication of current running status and reasons for stopping
- Loading the binary and run/rerun were separated in order to handle PIE binaries, you should only load once with PIE, because every time you load, your functions will be at a different address and that "breaks" the breakpoints.
- Also added a start/restart button, which automates the common task of stopping the executable at the entrypoint. (instead of having to do 'b main')
- Collapse-able threads. This isn't just for UI, it also doesn't load stacks for collapsed threads, so its an optimization
- Thread/Stack list is now scroll-able with buttons at the top remaining stationary...
- Added better error messages for source viewer not opening up source-code
- Also added GUI and command line interfaces for connecting to a GDB server instance
- Source viewer has history now, so you can quickly go to previous places
- Source viewer also has ability to pin the current location, to a button at the top, (simulating a tabbed interface)
- Source viewer also can search globally for symbols, (like a function) and jump to it, no matter what file it is in.
- Also, there is rudimentary watch window support, (it also does registers) but its got bugs, and is currently WIP (I was really hoping I could claim this as a completed feature, but maybe I'll have it next time..)
- And there were few bugs that were reported, and I have fixed most of them
Again, BIG THANKS
to my testers!
Source and Thread window features:
And our almost